Shoppable video is the hottest trend in e-commerce at the moment and no wonder why.
A shoppable video creates an interactive shopping experience that allows you to show how the products work or look in action. That makes them powerful in selling.
Here are the top 10 shoppable video platforms with an extensive pros and cons list:
The first one on the list is giosg. We are a SaaS company that offers businesses tools to create interactive experiences online to connect with customers and accelerate sales. We are the ultimate customer experience platform!
giosg has all the features you need when starting out with shoppable videos: amazing templates for customization, the ability to turn your marketing videos into actionable shoppable videos and to track your ROI!
- Templates included in every package
- Click rate tracking
- Conversion rate tracking
- Affordable for small businesses
ChannelSight is an e-commerce platform, which helps customers to maximize their online sales. The products that are possible to combine, or use alone, include: Where To Buy Technology, Digital Shelf and most important, Shoppable Media.
Their software enables e-commerce brands to provide a great customer experience, gather detailed insights and maintain a good brand.
- Contact sales for more information
- Free demo
- Easy access on multiple devices
- With Shoppable Media, a seamless journey from product page to basket
- Free version has limitations
- Customer service is lacking
- According to customers, the platform is expensive compared to what you get from it
Vimeo is a video sharing platform that includes features such as live-streaming and customization. In June 2022, they introduced new features to their platform, which also included shoppable videos.
With Vimeo, it is now possible to build new shopping experiences by adding clickable elements to individual products within a video, overlaying additional product information, and "add to cart" buttons, allowing users to shop directly within a video.
- Starter plan: €8 per month
- Standard plan: €15 per month
- Advanced plan: €60 per month
- Enterprise plan: contact sales
- Interactive touchpoints, such as hotspots and informational overlays
- Touchpoints are completely customizable
- Able to track how many viewers engage with each item
- Interactive video available only for Enterprise accounts
- Interactive features not available on full screen mode
4. Amazon Live
Amazon Live is a platform created by the e-commerce giant Amazon. With Live, it is possible for brands to educate audiences on product features, benefits, and special offers, and help customers make informed buying decisions.
With their chat feature, it is possible to interact with shoppers in real time and help them to stay connected by getting them to follow you. Shoppers that follow your brand on Amazon get reminders any time you go live.
- Streaming with the Amazon Live Creator app is free
- Running an Amazon-produced live stream will usually require spending a minimum of $50k.
- Brands can stream straight from their Apple device to Amazon with the app
- Brands can sponsor livestreams that are produced by influencers using the app
- In order to promote your product on the app, it has to be available in Amazon.
Bambuser is a SaaS provider that offers a live video shopping experience for businesses. Bambuser's focus is mainly on live streaming, however, they also have an option to post pre-recorded material.
There is a possibility to stream from their app and their webpage as well as share to your other social media platforms.
- Lite plan: contact sales for more information on pricing
- Standard plan: contact sales for more information on pricing
- Enterprise plan: contact sales for more information on pricing
- Easy integration with any e-commerce platform
- Viewers can shop in-stream
- Allows you to edit, download and re-purpose video material
- App available
- No free trial
- Coding required
6. Instagram Shopping
Does this app even need any introduction? With Instagram Shopping, you can make your products easy to discover. You can highlight your products seamlessly, so people can easily shop at the moment of discovering it. It is possible to use real-time or pre-made content to create an interactive, visual shopping experience that shows your products to the world.
- Free to use on all desktop, Apple and Android devices
- Selling fee of 5% per shipment or a flat fee of $0.40 for shipments of $8 or less
- A popular platform, guaranteed success
- Can sell in both Facebook and Instagram at the same time
- Access to analytics via Facebook’s Business Page
- 5% fee per shipment is costly
- Some features only available in the US
- In-app purchases (does not drive traffic to own website)
Livescale provides a live shopping platform for ecommerce brands. Livescale has great in-video purchasing and integrated checkout features. Not only that, but it also enables you to create a branded sales experience by allowing you to have your logo on your live shows. You also get access to real-time analytics.
Like many other platforms, Livescale also makes it easy to embed videos and other content onto your website.
- Contact sales for information
- Access to analytics
- Expensive Starter Plan for small companies
Clicktivated is a company that makes videos interactive and shoppable. With Clicktivated's live streaming shoppable video technology, viewers will now have the ability to click and shop individual products on screen as they watch.
The experience they provide is seamless and non-intrusive, only showing the viewer information on the products they are interested in.
Clicktivated currently works on creating a new and innovative way to shop directly through video for both pre-recorded and live streaming formats.
- Contact sales for more information
- IP-protected platform
- Make an unlimited number of products in a video shoppable
- Each view is a completely personalized shopping experience based on the individual needs/wants/likes of each viewer.
- Viewers can self-select specific products or services of interest, at any time, while they watch.
- A “get it now” feature provides a seamless path-to-purchase directly from a brand product page.
- No free trial
- Not much information about the company
Uscreen is a cloud-based video on demand (VOD) platform that helps businesses organize, manage, and monetize content. Users can upload the content in bulk, add custom filters, and sort them into different categories.
The application enables professionals to stream live videos, schedule events in advance, and create a countdown overlay. Uscreen provides built-in marketing tools, which helps users set up sales funnels, generate leads, and convert the audience. The platform offers integration with various third-party applications.
- 14-day free trial
- Growth plan: $199 per month + $1,99 per paid member
- Pro plan: $599 per month + $0,99 per paid member
- Plus custom pricing plan: contact sales for more information
- Free trial
- Frequent upgrades
- Coding required
- Platform is not suited to host time-limited events
Smartzer is a shoppable video and live shopping platform. With Smartzer, it is possible to shop while still watching the livestream. This gives the buyer a sense of engagement which might be lacking in the basic online shopping experience.
When it comes to videos, Smartzer adds a layer on top of the video that has “hotspots” where people can instantly add the product to the cart. It also integrates with various other e-Commerce apps like Shopify, Shopify Plus, Woocommerce and Magento.
- Shopify plan: contact sales for information
- Lite plan: contact sales for information
- Enterprise plan: contact sales for pricing information
- With the Enterprise-package possible to integrate with various eCommerce platforms
- Possibility to make purchases while watching the stream
- On demand shoppable videos included to every subscription plan
- No social media integrations
Are you ready to go shoppable?